Monday, October 4, 2010

It's been a loooong time!

Hi All, I can't believe it's been since January since my last post. Ok, I can believe it. For me, it is hard to keep up on this blog thing. You know, there's always housework, work, kids, church, & of course, Facebook. I have so much catching up to do, I can't even believe it. So instead of looking back, which I'll do eventually do, I'll look forward to what is ahead of me. Starting with this weeks menu:



Sunday- Meatloaf, cheesy beans, hot rolls, & peaches. Meatloaf recipe below.

Monday- Fried steak, mashed potatoes, white gravy, fresh apples & veggies

Tuesday- Meatloaf sandwiches, veggie & fruit

Wed- crockpot pork roast(one of my favorites), roasted veggies, & fruit

Thurs- BBQ pork sandwiches, chips, apples

Friday- homemade pizza or leftovers



I love this time of year, when it's cool in the morning & evenings are just right for sittin' outside w/ a cup of joe or an occasional glass of wine. It also gets me in the mood for cooking yummy soups, casseroles, & MEATLOAF! I love meatloaf. Here is the best meatloaf recipe I've used. There's nothing fancy to it & there's no wierd stuff in it (like carrots). It's good ol' meat.



All-American Meat Loaf from The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook


2 lbs. ground chuck

3/4 c. uncooked quick-cooking oats

1 medium onion, finely chopped

1/2 c. ketchup

1/4 c. milk

2 large eggs, slightly beaten

1 t. salt

1/2 t. pepper

1/2 c. ketchup

3 T. brown sugar

2 t. prepared mustard



*Combine 1st 8 ingred. in a lg bowl, smoosh into a 9x13 pan(or shape into 2- 7 1/2" x 4" loaves). Place on a lightly greased pan. Bake 350 degrees ro 4o mins.



* Combine 1/2 c. ketchup, b.sugar, & mustard, spoon over meatloaf, & bake 15 more minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.



Yields: 8 servings 337K, 17.8g Fat, 734 sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment