Thursday, October 21, 2010

Postcards from Pullman

Not only do I like to cook, but I really enjoy reading. This has been the first year in a very long time that I've actually sat down and read. Both boys are in school & I don't head to work until 10:30a.m., so I'm able to get up in the morning & get the boys ready for school, to the bus stop, & usually do a chore b/4 I sit for a bit & read.

I just finished a 3 book series called Postcards from Pullman by Judith McCoy-Miller. The series is set in the 1890's in Pullman, IL. 2 ladies from England head to America for different reasons & end up becoming friends. The books follow Olivia's life from England as a kitchen helper to landing an assistant chef position at an upscale hotel in Pullman. I received the 1st book as a gift & then proceeded to the Wichita public library to find books 2&3. What I really loved about this series, is each book is a continuation of the book b/4 it. I've read quite a few different series in the past few months & they go together but don't focus on on main character. Although I do like them, I prefer the continued character storylines. Anyway, here are the books in the series, In the Company of Secrets bk1, Whispers Along the Rails bk2, & An Uncertain Dream bk3. I wish this story could go on. There were some "supporting" characters that I would like to know how their stories end. Maybe in the future. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment