Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cookie Dough & Corn...try again

Ok, that was weird. I'm still getting the hang of "blogger" blog & it's workings. So below are pictures of the Cookie Dough brownies I made last week. 1st you make brownies, then the cookie dough. When the brownies are cool, top w/ the the cookie dough. Cover & stick in the freezer to harden. Then melt chocolate chips & drizzle on top of the brownies.

I brought "samples" to my mom & her co-workers. They thought the pieces needed to be more bite size because they were so rich. I agree. I serve them in 1" bites w/ a glass of milk or coffee.

I used the recipe from Recipegirl.com Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies


Grilled Corn on the Cob with BACON

I've heard/seen lots of places about grilled corn on the cob in the shucks. I've really been in the grilling mood, so I thought I would tackle the corn this time. 1st, you need to soak the corn in the shuck in icy water for 15-30 mins. 2nd clean the silks out of the corn, wrap a slice or 2 of bacon around the corn, gently pull the shucks back up to cover the bacon corn. Place the corn on the grill. We made sure the burner wasn't too high as it may catch fire. We cooked it for approx. 20 minutes.

Ok, let's just say, this was one of the messiest things I've ever made. I suppose it doesn't help that we did catch the corn on fire so there was a lot of ash. The corn itself was delicious, but to me, not worth the mess. Next time we'll, not sure why I keep saying we since it was I who will be doing this, I will clean the corn, foil it & cook on grill.

1 comment: