Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 2 continued...

Wednesday was a lazy day. 8 mile bike ride for me, chores for the boys, tennis for C & Bear & I went to the pool later in the day. In the evening, C & I went to Verve (youth group). While some of us were sitting around, Leah mentioned a recipe I thought I'd like to try the next day.

Thursday the boys slept in, while I went for another ride. I got home to them lunch & C to tennis. In the afternoon, I made the recipe that Leah told me about. My boys like to call them "EPIC" brownines.



Start w/ a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. (I used homemade dough, but I'm sure you could use store bought "break & bake" cookies.)*



Next, cover the top of the dough with Oreo cookies.







C made the brownie batter while Bear worked on the oreo layer.









Pour batter over the top of the oreos.

Ok...So then you bake this. I didn't really know for sure how long or the temp. My recipe for the cookie dough was 375 degrees. I used this temp for 30 minutes. It was too hot, so I lowered it to 350 & cooked another 15-20 minutes. Always checking w/ a toothpick for doneness.


Here's the final product. The only thing that would make this better is to nuke it for 20-25 seconds & top w/ vanilla ice cream.



*My friend Rachel likes to stuff her cookies w/ everything. So following her lead, I took some of my leftover cookie dough from this recipe & stuffed chunks of caramel into them. They were delicious warm. My suggestion is if they last long enough to cool, to reheat in the microwave, otherwise the caramel gets a little hard and sticks to your dental work.












No comments:

Post a Comment