Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Something new....

Every once in a while, the boys like to pick out a new fruit or veggie to try. So while at our local grocery store the other day, they pleaded with me to try this. It was sort of strange as they usually run screaming when I try to get them to eat cantaloupe or any other melon, but I wasn't going to argue when they approached me w/ this one.


Here is the Lemondrop Melon. I was surprised when I cut it open to find it was more like a Honeydew melon rather than a cantaloupe. The melon is pretty tasty. Nice lemony flavor on top of a melon flavor. The boys were not fans. I didn't really think they would be but I was happy they wanted to try it anyhow.







2 comments:

  1. Where did you purchase it? Patrick just loves cantaloupe, so I wonder if he would like this?

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, ok, now that my comment posted, I could read the first part of your post that says, "at the local grocery store." I didn't see that part before.

    ReplyDelete