Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's the FINAL Countdown.....

This is the last week of my fast. Overall it has been an excellent experience. I can see myself doing it again next year. I thought I'd list a couple of my favorite recipes that I'll probably continue after the fast.

Spicy Mexican Bean Burger

1 16oz can of red kidney beans, drained & mashed
1- medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 carrot, steamed & mashed
1/8 c. picante sauce (spicy or mild to your taste)
1 c. crushed rice cakes (approx. 2)
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 t. salt or to taste
1/2 t. black pepper or to taste
dash chili pepper

1. Min all ingred. in a lg bowl. Add more flour to create a firmer mixture or more salsa if mix is too stiff.

2. Form mixture into balls & form into patties

3. Bake 450 degrees 15-20 minutes, until firm, brown, & done.

Yields: 8-10 burgers depending on size.

No comments:

Post a Comment