Sunday, January 3, 2010

Daniel Fast Day 1




A couple days ago, it was decided(b/w me & the Lord) that I would take part in the Daniel Fast for the next 21 days. About a month ago, our pastor mentioned that the church would be fasting starting today and ending Jan. 24th, on our 6th birthday of the church. At that time, I thought I would give up Facebook as my "fasting". I really started to think & pray about that decision & came to the realization, that knowing myself, I could easily "fill" my facebook time w/ other things electronic (ebay, wii, xbox, blogging...) so I came to the decision to participate in the Daniel Fast.
I thought this might be a good outlet for thoughts & things I'm learning about myself & to become closer to God. I'm hoping to propel my relationship with him and to dig deeper into his word. I will also have pix & recipes of the meals and snax I eat during the day for fellow fasters.

This morning, I skipped breakfast because I got up too late, so for lunch I had 1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal with 1/3 c. fresh blueberries and an 8oz glass of strawberry/orange/banana juice. Just a side note...I made the mistake of covering my bowl of oats in the microwave which in turn spilled all over the outside of my container & into the microwave.
For supper, above right, I made a pasta bowl of whole wheat rigatoni pasta, crushed tomatoes, 1 pkg of button mushrooms, & a yellow onion. I did add some Itallian type seasonings as well as s&p to taste. I sauteed the onion & mushrooms that I chopped into big chunks in approx. 2 T. evoo, when they were al dente, I added the can of crushed tomatoes & heated till hot. I then added a cup of this mixture to 1 1/2 c. cooked pasta. I went ahead and measure out 3 more meals to take for lunches at work.
Evening snack, I'll probably have a piece of fruit & 10 blanced almonds.






No comments:

Post a Comment