Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 2




I'll admit it...I almost failed last night. I tend to get the munchies in the evening & the cravings hit hard about 9. Instead of blowing it, I grabbed a handful of almonds & some soy nuts and LOTS of water. Today, I decided I needed to make some fast snack-y type foods for just an almost "blow-it" moment. I made homemade corn chips as well as whole wheat crackers. To my surprise they both were pretty tasty. Jeff sampled the corn chips and agreed that they were pretty good. In fact he ate 3 of them & said he'd better stop so I'd have some for later.

Breakfast was skipped again this a.m. It is our last day of vacation b/4 school & work begins tomorrow. For lunch, I did pretty much the same as yesterday. Oatmeal w/ 1/4c. dried mixed fruit & 5 chopped almonds and a serving of strawberry/orange/banana juice. For supper, I had made Indian Fry Bread(like a tortilla) earlier in the day, so I had one of those w/ refried beans, avacado chunks, tomatoes & grn chilies, corn, & some leftover bag salad on top. It was really good. I pkgd up the leftovers to take some to school tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment