Friday, August 21, 2009

Wow! This has been a busy week of getting the boys back to school & me starting a new job. It is the 1st paying job I've had since my State Farm job 6 years ago. I've had to make some adjustments...trying to get all my mommy duties done w/in the day. I couldn't have done it w/o planning my meals. Here is a list of what I'd planned for this week.

Sun: fried pork chops,scalloped potatoes & pears
Mon: French fri casserole,green beans & peaches
Tue: leftovers( I was exhausted)
Wed: Tuna burgers, peas, & grapes
Thur: Stomboli w/ sauce, asparagus (family did not like this), & banana
Fri: Sloppy Joes w/ pickles & chips
Sat: Grilled Chicken, potatoes&onions-grilled, fruit, & bread

Next weeks menu will be:

Sun: leftovers for lunch
Itallian sausage spaghetti, salad, & fruit
Mon: leftovers
Tue: Chicken casserole, peas, fruit
Wed: sausage links & homemade mac & cheese, fruit, veg
Thur: leftovers
Fri: homemade pizza, veg, fruit
Sat: leftovers/sandwiches for lunch
chicken tenders, potatoes, & fruit

Before figuring out what we would be having these 2 weeks, I sat down & wrote out everything my family likes. Then from there, I filled in my monthly calendar.(I plan meals a month at a time). I then shopped my pantry to see what I would still need. Luckily, I had most of week 2 food in my freezer/pantry so I won't have to buy much at the store. Also, I don't always stick to my planned meal for a certain day. I am fairly flexible w/in the week, but try not to stray from the plan by ordering pizza/take out.

Ok, think that's it for now...till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment