Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sticking to the menu?

Ok, so this past week, I tried to stay on the plan for meals, but ended up only eating 1 or 2 items. The week b/4 I made sloppy joes. I forgot how much this makes, so we ate on it for many meals after. Also, I made the sausage spaghetti casserole & still have some in the frig for tomorrows lunch. Next time I plan these two meals, I will save 1/2 of each & freeze them for later meals. I am posting the Sloppy Joes recipe as well as dip recipe we had tonight at small group.

Sloppy Joes from the Ultimate Southern Living cookbook

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef*
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 sm. green pepper, chopped
1 (10 3/4oz) can tomato soup (undiluted)
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 c. ketchup
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. prepared mustard
1/8 t. garlic powder

Cook 1st 3 ingred. in large skillet, drain fat. Stir in Soup & next 6 ingred. Simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Serve w/ hamburger buns or chips.

* If cooking mass amounts of hamburger for bulk/freezer cooking, 1 pound of cooked burger is equal to 2 cups. You'll need 3 cups cooked beef for this recipe.


Buffalo Chicken Dip

1- fully cooked rotissirie chicken
1- 8oz brick Cream cheese, softened
1 c. Ranch dressing ( I used Kroger brand & it was fine)
1/2 c. Red Hot (Buffalo sauce)
shredded cheese
Celery sticks/chips/sliced baguette bread for dipping

Dice up as much chicken as you can get from the bones & put in microwave safe bowl. Add cream cheese, ranch dressing, & Red Hot & mix. Put in microwave for 7 minutes or until hot/bubbly throughout. Stir once during the middle & when done. Top w/ shredded cheese & serve w/ celery sticks/chips/ or bread.

I usually make ahead of time & store in my mini crock to heat up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment