Monday, November 1, 2010

Bulk Cooking Marathon....


This past Saturday I did me some mean cookin'. While Jeff & Colton headed over to winterize our travel trailer, Jerrett & I did some shopping at Aldi. I was preparing for a BIG day of baking & cooking. When the weather starts cooling down, this chick enjoys staying inside and gettin' her bakin' on! So on this day, which started a little later in the afternoon than I anticipated, I got to browning my 5 lbs. of meat w/ 2 large white onions. I do not salt or spice the meat so that I can use it in many different recipes.


Here is what I made:
Creamy Beef & Noodles
Pizza Monkey Bread
14 Bierocks
2 French Fri Casseroles
14 Beef & Bean Burritos

Blackend Chicken & Beans

Pork Chops & Apples

Western Meal

Lemon Crumb Muffins

Cream Cheese Apple Muffins

& finally

Banana Muffins


From start to finish, it probably took me a good 8 hrs to complete. Since it was Pastor appreciation month, I divied up the muffins & took to my church for the pastors & staff. What was left my boyz devoured!

So now I have a freezer of food just waitin' to be eatin'. Here is the recipe for my "go to dish", that's easy to make & great for pot lucks or bringing a meal to someone.

Western Meal (original recipe came from the Casserole Cookbook from Homemade Gourmet but I chgd it up a bit)

1- lb. (2 cups) cooked ground beef

1- Taco packet

1- 10oz can Rotel, undrained

1- 15oz can black beans, undrained

1-8oz. can tomato sauce

3/4 c. Minute Rice, uncooked

2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven 350. (unless you're freezing*)

2. Combine all ingredients, except 1 c. cheddar cheese, in a greased 9x13 baking dish.

3. Bake, covered, for 45 mins. Sprinkle w/ remaining cheese, bake, uncovered for an add'l 5 mins.

Serves 8.

*So, I like to make a couple of these & freeze one for later. I just dump everything but 1c. cheese into a freezer safe ziploc gallon bag & smoosh together. I pre-lable the bag & measure out 1c. cheese that I tape to the outside of the gallon bag so I have everything together. Be sure to put what is inside the bag, cooking instructions, & DATE IT so you know later!





No comments:

Post a Comment